Introducing Christ Church Kenilworth
Christ Church Kenilworth is a dynamic Anglican church in the Southern Suburbs of Cape Town. Our mission is to always play our part in the transformation of our wonderful City, and as such we encourage our congregation to value, cherish and support their fellow members. Christ Church Kenilworth was formed to embody the passion our leaders feel for the Word of God, and the values we hold dear include connecting, teaching, worship, prayer, food (sometimes) and friendship.
If you are looking for a haven to truly connect to others who hold the same beliefs as you, Christ Church Kenilworth is the answer. Our congregation meets regularly to take part in informative teachings, fun youth group activities and fulfilling worship services. Here at this humble worship venue, Christ Church Kenilworth has deep seated beliefs, including:
- Corporate and private worship and prayer. Our worship is for God and we experience intimacy with God in worship and prayer.
- The Bible is the inspired word of God, and is the guide book for all aspects of life.
- The gifts of the Holy Spirit were given to empower and equip the church.
- That we have been given the mission to bring people to a living relationship with Jesus, as Lord and Saviour.
- That every follower of Jesus has a place, regardless of age or gender, and we are dedicated to helping them find it.
- That God has established Christ Church in Kenilworth to be an embodiment of his love and compassion.
What we offer
Christ Church Kenilworth offers both new and current congregation members the following services:
- 8am service: a traditional service offering Holy Communion each Sunday.
- 10am service: Holy Communion takes place on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month.
- Evening Service: this contemporary worship service starts at 6:30pm
- Signing for the deaf : offered at the 10am and 6.30pm services.
- Ambies: youth program that Christ Church Kenilworth offers for grades 8 to 12 learners on a Saturday night during school months.
- Wednesday’s 10am Service: Holy Communion followed by fellowship .
- Fourth Thursday Service: available for those who are unable to attend church on Sundays – a quieter, more reflective offering.
If you would like more information on how to join us or where to find us, please feel free to visit our website or contact us directly. We look forward to welcoming you to our family!